Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all my family & friends!

Yes, I said it. MERRY CHRISTMAS! I am a Christian and as such, celebrate Christmas in a religious sense. I don't think poorly of others who have different beliefs, but I think lumping everything together under Happy Holidays is a bit ridiculous.
Anyway, my 2 week Christmas break started at about 2:15 today. The AMMP, Geek Boy, Brainiac & DeeDee still have school through Friday. Guess who's doing last-minute shopping & wrapping tomorrow by herself? (That's okay, it's what I prefer.)
But for now I'm listening to the Jazz Holidays station on Pandora radio & waiting for everyone to get home. A group from our church is going caroling tonight around town & then having potluck treats after we're done.
Christmas Eve we have the Candlelight Service, and our family will be providing some of the music. Our church choir will be singing as well. Christmas Day will be spent opening presents in our pjs, listening to music while drinking hot chocolate, watching movies & having a yummy dinner of roast beef, baked potatoes, glazed carrots, rolls & pie.
We are planning to visit my family in ND during the 2nd half of the break. Hubby & the kids go back to school on Jan. 3rd & I go back to work on the 4th.
Enjoy the time you have with family & friends, and I'll see you back here in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment